Thursday, February 11, 2010

SUPER squee!

Also on The Kitchn. THE KITCHN. Which is both a really big deal (for me) and a double edged sword. AT therapy commentators can be super lovely OR... not so super lovely. There are a few "I liked it better before" comments. Which is... fine? And to be fair, the crummy resolution images don't adequately convey how truly horrible the cabinets were. They just look yellow, and a relatively cute yellow at that. BUT DON'T BE FOOLED! That cute yellow is actually MUSTARD with brown and gold flecks. Like if you threw a shredded mother of the bride outfit (circa 1983) at a freshly painted cabinet.
BUT. I also don't really get why people leave negative comments. It's like my mama always says "If you don't have anything nice to say, shut the f#$k up". No really, she does. She has a serious potty mouth for a such a classy lady!
But I think maybe I can take a deep breath and say "meh whatever" to the fact that folks I have never met and never will don't like my kitchen. And I'm done. No more kitchen talk. Time, I feel for some pictures of my bear being awesome.

2 comments:

  1. I think that your new kitchen is lovely. I don't understand why some people feel the need to be so nasty with their comments. The comment about a can of paint making more sense really floored me. How could someone so completely miss the point? If you could paint...you probably would. Most renters don't get to paint. I know I don't. I have a crappy 80's kitchen and have been at a loss for what to do in there. I think your ideas are very appropriate for a rental situation. Ignore all those "I like the yellow better" people. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abby, that's really kind. I'm sending you AND your unpaintable white walls good luck vibes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails