Friday, June 25, 2010

OWNED! The Lilly Pulitzer Knock-off Rematch!

'Member the giant fail Lilly Pulitzer knock off dress I made earlier this week? This one? With the boob distortion and the shortness?
WELL.
I've just finished the rematch and... SUCCESS! (It's not quite as cute as Suzanne's but I'm OK with that)


I hacked the dickens out of the pattern. Did a bit of swearing. Put the zipper in the side. Kind of fell in love with double layered facings (so tidy!). Did a bit more swearing. Wished fervently for a dress form. Realised I'd cut my lace too short. Did some SERIOUSLY filthy swearing (the lace actually cost three times what the fabric did. It wasn't SUPER expensive but you know... I'm cheap.) Pieced some sodding ggrrrr rashen-frashen lace together. Finished that sucker, then accessorized it with the cutest/weirdest dog I know.
And voila. I don't know it I'll be making this again in a big hurry. But I think I'll be wearing THIS one a bunch.

Oh and hey, Ian and Kate? I'm going to be dressing your dog up in a frock and making him have a tea party with me.
No. Really. I am.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Love how funny this and your previous post about this dress is. It looks fab on you -- like the high contrast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice dress. Seriously weird dog. I know that is Moka and he loves dresses and tea parties.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails