Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sneaky Like... (Mama Don't Look!)

So, you guys can keep a secret right?
I made a giftie for my ma and I wanted to show it off on account of how it's the first proper crochet thing I've ever made that followed a pattern and wasn't brutally wonky.
I think I should be safe as my ma is EVEN NOW lounging on the Greek island of Rhodes. (Yes, I do have some envy, but she TOTALLY deserves some lovely sunshininess)
So here's what I made:

(No peeking mama!)




While I was finishing it I told Teddy that it was a present for his grammie and he wanted to
"Hep (help)? Hep? Teddy hep grammie bag?"
I gave him his own crochet hook and he poked it a bit then resorted to putting slobbery wet handfuls of kissies inside the bag. Which slays me.

The pattern I used is here and here ( there are two parts) and if I can manage it then anybody can! I used a few balls (are they called balls? heh... balls) of a poly-blend I happened to have.
This here is the official version.

I love that it's called the Provence Summer bag. Mostly 'cause we lived in Provence and I know that my Ma has very good memories of living there. Also Provence... le sigh et swoon!

I found the pattern via One Pearl Button, Alli's round up of Nice Things is something I totally look forward to on Fridays. If you're not familiar you should race over and check her out.
x

4 comments:

  1. Oh I like the bag (plus kisses) and I love the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great. I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE EVERYTHING about your bag (accept that it's not mine) !!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for my lovely lovely bag. I brought it to my interview for the Hospice Job. All those Teddy kissies made a huge differnce to my calm and confidence. So thank you both.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails